Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC)
Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC)
Pollution emitted by diesel fueled engines is a main contributor to the poor air quality found in today’s society. Even with the stricter standards for today’s heavy-duty diesel engines, many existing trucks and buses continue to emit harmful amounts of nitrogen oxides and diesel particulate matter which contributes to very serious health issues in North America.
Fortunately, with the advances in technology we are now able to produce devices to reduce the amount of pollutants which are an unwanted bi-product of older diesel fueled trucks and buses. Using pollution controlling devices such as a diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) is an excellent example of a device that can be utilized to upgrade your diesel engine or "retrofit" it in order to pollute less.
What is a Diesel Oxidation Catalyst?
A Diesel Oxidation Catalyst or "DOC" is a device which utilizes a chemical process in order to break down pollutants from diesel engines in the exhaust stream, turning them into less harmful components. They are normally a honeycomb shaped configuration coated in a catalyst designed to trigger a chemical reaction to reduce particulate matter.
What are the benefits of a DOC retrofit?
DOC's reduce emissions of particulate matter by typically 20%-40%+. The AZ Purifier™ and Purimuffler™ can be combined with the ECS Crankcase Ventilation (CCV) system which increases verified PM reduction to 40% for all 1991 to 2004 Medium and Heavy Duty Highway engine applications compliant to a 5 or 4 g/hp-hr NOx standard.
- AZ Purifiers and Purimufflers offer an industry leading, verified 20-40% PM (Particulate Matter) reduction* values depending upon on the application. Other manufactures offer only verified PM reduction* values of 20 to 26%. Our competitors claim to offer similar high levels of PM reduction, but only Engine Control Systems backs it up with actual EPA verification.
- THE BEST DOC SOLUTION IN THE INDUSTRY, PERIOD! AZ Purifiers and Purimufflers employ an advanced zeolite containing washcoat and precious metal catalyst that afford superior low temperature performance
- Can be combined with the ECS Closed Crankcase Ventilation (CCV) system which increases verified PM reduction to 40% for all 1991 to 2004 Medium and Heavy Duty Highway engine applications compliant to a 5 or 4 g/hp-hr NOx standard. (see section on ECS CCV)
- With over 800 direct fit designs, ECS provides you with the most cost effective long term solution which you can feel good about.
- Why would you buy less PM reduction from another manufacture? ECS AZ Purifiers and Purimufflers™ allow you to reduce more PM from more vehicles.
ECS also offers the DZ and EZ diesel oxidation catalyst supported on a metallic substrate which affords exceptional resistance to vibration and affords the lowest possible exhaust backpressure.
- The DZ series was the first diesel purifier in the industry to feature quick release band clamps. This allows the center body to be readily removed for periodic engine-out opacity measurements or for purifier cleaning. These DZ purifiers are also available with modular add-on DMS and DMXS silencers.
- The EZ purifier offers the same metallic substrate based catalyst as the DZ purifier but in an all welded purifier to afford the most compact size and lower cost.